freq. counter

quebmaint

Here's one for you electronic experts. I'm looking to make a board that will take a prox signal and turn it into radio freq. Then convert it back into a usable voltage to input to a plc. The signal needs to go at least 20'. Is there something out there that does this all ready? any suggestions?

I must have totally misunderstood what quebmaint was looking for. By the topic I assumed he was looking for an actual freq counter circuit as seen here http://hem.passagen.se/communication/freqcount.html
But then once I reread the post I see that Mike is correct. This topic however brought back a funny memory for me. While in the Marines as a comm tech we used alot of freq counters and generators. We had a worthless Sergeant in the tel shop that caused us nothing but misery with his nonstop rap music on the radio. Our revenge, we hooked up a freq generator and a cd player and over powered his favorite FM radio station with country music. He never had the intelligence to realize what was going on.

dale

Dale:

Country? How cruel!

I used to set a programmable scanner so it would generate the carrier image on the RX frequency that one of the other techs was working on.

Sometimes on a jobsite, someone will have a garbage station on in the high end of the band, and I can tune another RX in the low end and mix with IF and blank it out.

I had a 10.7 mhz battery powered oscillator once, but when every started listening to tapes and cd's, that spoiled most of my fun.

I am working on a lightning device. While working at GM's locomotive factory near Chicago once, lightning struck nearby, and several hundred car alarms went off. So, a small "lightning" transmitter would be fun in a mall or home center parking lot.

regards.....casey