4 pole triple throw?

John Morris

Lifetime Supporting Member
Does anyone know of a relay with a neutral or center position. (non latching)

Google hasn't heard of it.....or.......I am not asking the question correctly
(which is usually the case)

Any and all is appreciated.

Thank you

I suspect you're trying to stop the LA mid-stroke?

I would just do this with a pair of DPDT's. I've never come across a DPDT relay with a center off. No way you can do this with even ice cube relays?

That first link is exactly how I wire my LA's when I need to stop mid-stroke (I use a LOT of LA's).

Keep in mind with that second link, those are 5v coils.

If size is that important and you can't fit 2 socketed relays, you could always grab a pair of these;

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...GAEpiMZZMtGt%2bn33CgIP42LcsHf9RTf3zuZtMtXYfM=

And solder them on a PCB protoboard. That would get you 24v coils and a slightly smaller package, at the expense of some labor.

Have you considered mercury contactors?
we used them a lot in the automotive testing industry.
no more welded relay contacts.

also, ab 100c series - don't know if this is what you are looking for.
you would have to look at the specs in regards to 24 vdc

james

Relays operate with solenoid coils, which are binary devices, one state or another state. You are asking for a ternary device, they do not exist in the relay world.

RH2B-UAC110-120V

There is no terrestrial way around it. 2 DPDT relays.

hd_coop, had a long conversation with Crydom today. They didn't seem to know those existed.

Thank you all for your time and input.

Last edited: