PLC, contactor and wiring migrate/upgrading advice

franz03

Hi,

I am new in project engineering and my previous work is PLC programming only. For experienced engineers, what are the step by step procedure that you use in migrating/upgrading and what are the things that I will avoid?

I think the first place to start is a clear statement of your goals. You want to have a clear vision of the end result. Part of this is the answer to the question "why am I upgrading?"

Then let that "mission statement" guide development of your work plan.

Start there, report back.

B.

I think the most important part is probably knowing the end goal. Once you know that, realizing the different ways you can accomplish it is fairly easy.

It all depends on the scope of your upgrade for whatever the project is.

is it one component of the system?

How many generations newer is the "upgrade" than the original system?

I expect you will mostly learn as you go.