Bad cap on slc 5/03? Would an eeprom correct this?

Russ

Lifetime Supporting Member
Customer changed the battery on their 5/03 and lost the program. They replace yhe battery every year, and it takes them less than five minutes. The processor is ten years old and has experienced a number of power outages and fluctuations over the years.
The plc doesn't have an eeprom, but the capacitor should have retained the program. Has anyone else experienced this?
I downloaded the program and things look normal. They're interested in getting an eeprom, but I'm concerned about the issue with the capacitor - it should hold a charge for at least 30 minutes. Can the cap be replaced? Would an eeprom be a viable long-term solution, or does this reflect some potential component issues that may require replacing the processor?

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_20170208-134149.jpg