No Bit Transfer on 1747-SN RIO

plcman777

I have an RIO network consisting of a 1747-SN, two 1749-ASB's with 48IO each, and a 1791-IOBX with 64IO. I have a steady green COM light on all four modules.

My bit transfer shows up for the two flex IO modules but not for the block IO module.

Any Ideas?

If I change any of my configuration settings I lose COMS. I don't understand how I can have good comunication but no bit transfer.

Help Please!

Did it ever work?

what are the settings of the DIP switches on the Flex and Block I/O? What are the settings of the 1747-SN card (G File settings) in your RSLogix500 software?

You gotta give us more to go on.....

OG

1747-SN set to 115kbaud

1749-ASB #1 set to same rate. set as rack O, group 0

1749-ASB #2 set to same rate. set as rack 0, group 2

1791-IOBX set to same rate. set eol resistor to on 150 ohm. set as rack 1, group 0-4

I'll have to get the software settings off my laptop tommorow.

Are you getting status messages on the SN module?

What modules are included with the two 1794 Flex units? How many and what type?

OG

p.s. Did this work before?

Max input words 32
Max output words 32
scanned input words 32
scanned output words 32
ISR 0
M0 length 3300
M1 length 3300
g6 file length 3

No this has never worked.

The flex IO modules transfer there discrete bits but not the IOBX and all Com lights are solid green.

I don't know how to checks status messages.

I thank you for your help and patience; I'm new to the RIO scene.

Greetings plcman777,

first of all ... you're not answering all of the questions OG has asked ... this is important information ... once again:

What modules are included with the two 1794 Flex units? How many and what type?

next ... what (if anything) do you have configured on this table? ...

[attachment]

just in case you're not sure where to find it, highlight the 1747-SN module on the Config IO feature ... and then press the "Adv Config" button ...

advconfig.jpg

Thanks Ron! PLCMan777, the status mesaages I was asking about will be on the front of the 1747-SN module. Does it say "run" or something else?

In asking about the modules in the Flex chassis, I am really concerned that your Flex modules are overwriting the memory location the Block module is configured to use. The "G File" will tell us how the software is configured, but matching that to what hardware you actually have is really important.

OG

Ok, I think I'm getting it now.

The G file config is such,

Rack 0 Group 0 1/2 rack
Group 4 1/2 rack

Rack 1 Group 0 1/2 rack

The 1747-SN Status Light is solid green as are all other points on the network.

Hopefully this info helps, and thanks again.

I found it! My bits were there all the time, I was just looking at the wrong portion of the data file.

I was told I was assigned a certain portion of bits and told what to set my addresses to. Of course they didn't match or I would have seen my bits.

Well, anyway, thanks to everyone for the help.

I know a lot more about RIO now.