old mitsubishi hmi

papejo

I have a few questions about this old Mitsubishi hmi model FX-20DU-E:

Does anyone know if it possible to reset it? Everything was working ok, until the operator somehow manages to set a password to the hmi, now he can’t change the timer value.

Does this hmi need software to program it? I read the manual and what i understood was that the programming is made in the plc (FXos-30MR-ES), so if i connect another hmi of the same model FX-20DU, i don’t need to reprogram the hmi nor the plc, right?

I already decided to get a new plc and hmi, but i want to know if it possible to reset the password just to experiment.

It's not so much an hmi but a sort of programming unit.
They do not need programming as all they do is monitor values
Of timers, counters and registers etc.
Not seen one for years, they must be obsolete by now.

I remember you have initially set them up as to which timers etc can be altered.

yeah is a data access unit , no programming needed then, do you remember any way to remove the password? like removing the memory

would you recommend keep the old plc and look for a compatible hmi?