Directly connecting servo motor encoder and PLC

doomsword

Is it possible to skip Mitsubishi servo amplifier (JE or J4), and use Mitsubishi (in this case L-series) PLC to count encoder pulses from servo?

Servo wouldn't be powered, we need only its' encoder, we could use amplifier to count pulses, but can we skip it entirely and connect it directly to PLC?

Anyone did this, with any other manufacturer?

Similar Topics

Hi, I have a very simple question. As shown in the attached image, we normally use control relays before connecting to a load in ladder...
Replies
Views
I want to stop a process with two motors when an object is detected. Is it possible to just wire the PE output to the starter coil ( vs. running...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, I have a thermocouple with a green wire which measures a temperature 0-1100 degrees. I dont have any information, only the color of...
Replies
Views
Hi; First of all, I am sorry that my post is not relevant with this forum. I have recently purchased Samsung cell phone. I have alreay saved...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone!!, I may be asking a newbie question, but I want to be sure of that. Can I run a PLC program directly from the SD card? I mean, I...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom