OPC communication PLC between PC?

Hello there im neew in this site, somebody knows how to create OPC communication with Allen Bradley (compact logix, SLC03, and a PC? the PC will be the server and PLCs the clients. Some body an idea about how to make this thing goes working. Thanks

The architecture you describe isn't normally how things are done, or at least not the typical terminology.

Normally, you have a PC that is an OPC server, which pulls data from the PLCs. The job of the OPC server is to get data, and make it available.

You also have OPC clients, who access the data in the OPC server. They could have read only access, or they may be able to read and write.

As an example, it is common for something like an HMI or SCADA system to talk to one OPC server, instead of managing connections directly to a number of PLCs. The OPC server handles the details of communicating to different PLC brands, and the SCADA system just needs to be an OPC client.

Yes i understand, but, in this case in particularly is for a process:
Operator measures something the instrument witch uses to realize the measure its wireless to a computer this computer the IT guy has a program that has database according to the model that they measuring so when one of this measures get out of spec the computer sends an alarm. At this point everything ok, but, what happens if the operator ignores that just in order to continue the production (quality issues more ahead at the process) so the pokayoke will be to stop the machine (we have three different measures so three databases and one machine to stop) so i need to send data just a simple 1 in order for me program in the plc a safeshut down and alarm to the HMI screen of the machine. By the way thanks for the response and help. :)

how to create OPC communication with Allen Bradley (compact logix, SLC03, and a PC? the PC will be the server and PLCs the clients...
Speaking about Allen Bradley, RSLinx works as an OPC server and the applications (OPC clients) installed on the PC can read from/write to the controllers through RSLinx.

... the IT guy has a program...
Your IT guy has to add code for writing tags in the PLCs via OPC.

Look for examples about how to read/write tags using Excel, VBA and RSLinx in this forum. Also, there's information in the RSLinx help.

If you already have a HMI to the PLC then you may not need additional OPC driver. Whatever the HMI uses to communicate to the PLC will work. That is also assuming the HMI interface with the database you are speaking of.

If you want further help, it's beneficial to draw out the communication in diagram form with both the physical and protocol listed.