1769-L35E comm to Ethernet module MSG error

sparky mark

using a 1769_L35E to communicate over Ethernet to an Ethernet module (non AB). Trying to attach a picture of the error message. Is there anything obvious that I am doing wrong? Can see the module from the PC (web page) it's like the PLC can not "see" the module over Ethernet. Have done this same application numerous times in the past. no problems.
Thanks in advance for any help.

PLC_msg_error.JPG

Try checking the box for a "Connected" message, rather than unconnected. You'll likely have to do it offline and download.

I have found one device where I had to check this box or I got a strange, seemingly unrelated error - can't remember what it was, but it could have been the same one you're seeing.

What sort of device is this ? Does it have optional configurations to enable EtherNet/IP ?

If so, go download the TCPing utility from elifulkerson.com and ping it for TCP Port 44818, which is EtherNet/IP.

And for kicks, ping it for TCP port 502 (Modbus/TCP ) as well. I've seen quite a few devices that support both but get misconfigured.

That error code 16#3000 is unusual. Most ordinary TCP connection failures (due to timeout) show 16#0001 for the Error and 16#0203 or 16#0204 for the extended error.

Try adding , 1, 0 to your path (assuming your processor is at slot 0), maybe specifying to go across the backplane and Ethernet module slot might help.

Try adding , 1, 0 to your path (assuming your processor is at slot 0), maybe specifying to go across the backplane and Ethernet module slot might help.

sparky mark is not trying to communicate with an A-B controller