B&R CP474 communication

baxo

Hello everyone!
I was wondering if you could help me with something i'm trying to do solve.
The situation: there are an old machine with stepper motors Weiss SF75.
The motors connected to with Ecostep controllers, and these are managed by B&R 474 PLC via Canbus.
I have to change some moving coordinates of the motors.
I have tried to connect to PLC with the following options without success:
- Original serial port on the laptop (tested, it is ok)
- Weis SH75 software (it is ok, get from Weiss company)
- Serial cable (it is ok, tested on other machine)
- PVI Monitor trial version

I really do not know why I can not communicate with the PLC.
Have somebody any idea what can I try?

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I am not completely sure where you want to connect to ...
The Weiss software is not suitable for establishing a connection to a B&R CPU.

You either need PG2000 or Automation Studio.
PG2000 is B&Rs DOS programming system and needs a real DOS mode to work properly.
Automation Studio works in Windows.

If the serial port of your CP474 is not used by the installed application its usually possible to connect with the following parameters 57600, E, 8, 1.

If you want to establish a direct connection from the Weis software to the SH75 I can´t help because I´m not familiar with that.

B&r cp474

Hello,

I have followed the instruction of the machine manual. (You can see in the attachement)
The PVI monitor is a B&R softver interface between the CP474 PLC, and the Weiss SH75 software.

IMG_1509.jpg

Ok, I think I know what's going on. Weiss made a Windows program that communicates to the PLC via the PVIservices or PVIcontrol libraries B&R makes available for such things. This requires PVI monitor to be installed for the Weiss software to be able to communicate with the PLC.

First things first is make sure you can ping the PLC from the computer. If you can't do that, no amount of software will help you. Make sure you're in the right subnet and all that.

If you can ping and the Weiss stuff won't connect, make sure PVI monitor hasn't stopped. If Weiss didn't get the right licenses or whatever, it could be in trial mode and disconnect every now and then. You'll need to stop and then restart it if that is the case.

If you are still struggling, you might want to download the PVI development kit to see if that magically fixes things. You can get it from the B&R website under Downloads -> Software -> Automation Net/PVI and then pick whatever "PVI development setup" version you want. I would get the newest 3.x version. As a side benefit of installing the whole development kit, you can open up the PVI transfer tool and test out just making a connection to the PLC. The renamed the PVI transfer tool to Runtime Utility Center at some point and I'm not sure if the development kit uses the new name. If it does, you want the option talking about creating/executing PIL files to test connection.

hi
i have the same problem
i m using PVI on Standard PC
how can i change the security mode Trial to Runtime on normal Computer?
without Dongle
B&R V3.0
Windows XP