How to Connect WinCC Basic V14 With RSLogix Emulate500

Grendizer

Hello all,

The title explains what I need, how can I setup WinCC V14 and RSLogix Emulate500 so I can read/write values from the HMI to the PLC?

Thanks,

Last edited:
WinCC Basic only works with the "basic" panels.
And the basic panels have an Ethernet/IP driver for Allen Bradley.
So maybe it can work with a simulated Ethernet/IP connection. I have never tried it though.

Side Note:
Under Options/Settings/Online & diagnostic then the "Default connection path for online access". It is the type of interface selection. Can that be used to create an interface type that will accomplish what I am looking for?

Side Note:
Under Options/Settings/Online & diagnostic then the "Default connection path for online access". It is the type of interface selection. Can that be used to create an interface type that will accomplish what I am looking for?

"Default connection for online access" is used to remember defualt settings for downloading or going online with PLCs and HMIs (basically, is there one port on your PC you prefer to use?)

I have no idea how to connect Emulate to ethernet, or if it even can be.

If you're setting up a Simulated HMI on your PC, You go to the PG/PC interface in your Portal PC, and select the Ethernet interface of the .

If you are just setting it up for a real basic panel, you create an EIP connection, and enter the IP parameters like any other PLC. Again, assuming that Emulate can talk to Ethernet.