Save HMI inputs to RSLogix 500 address

JuanPLC74

I need to download a program to a micrologix 1400. Once I download it, the operator puts in some setpoint values, I need to save them to the tags they go, so If I download again, he does not have to go through the setpoint setup again. How can I do this?
thanks in advance

Go Online hit Save, Upload all Tag Values. Then Go Offline. Values for set points should be correct.

After those setpoints are entered, connect to the PLC, Go Online, and Save the PLC program. This will make the file you have saved match the entire contents of the logic and data in the PLC.

With RSLogix 500, when you download or upload and save, you get everything. Also, all data is retentive so nothing will automatically reset or change following a normal power cycle.

This keeps things fairly simple and straightforward, but if you will be frequently downloading files to the controller, it can in some cases be a headache.

If you can record the critical setpoint values in the PLC before you download, and then populate your offline file with the proper numbers, you can avoid the extra data entry. If you need to make small programming changes that don't include adding data table space or program files you can (usually) just perform online editing and then save it when you are done.