TwinCAT, EtherCAT and Altivar Communication

ljoh

Hello,
Does anyone have some good advice on using TwinCAT to control Altivar Drives from Schneider Electric. In this example I am using ALT320 drive and TwinCAT 3.

I can communicate and control the drive with the standard adresses:
Out:
Control word
Target velocity
In:
Status word
Control effort

My problem is that I want to get more feedback from the drive. And I only get these four parameters in TwinCAT PDO mapping.

I have tried adding for example com. scanner address 3202 output freq to the drive in SoMove software. But this doesn't change anything in TwinCAT. Even if I make a new project scan for the box again.

My biggest doubt with this is that the ALT EtherCAT manual says that I need to use the com.scanner called OCA1...6 and OMA1...6 and not the standard NMA1...8 and NCA1...8.
But I cannot change any values inside the OCA/OMA com scanner. Has anyone any good advice to this issue. I'm trying to figure out if my problem is in the Schneider or Beckhoff setup.
I would be very greatfull for any advice.

:confused: :confused: