Actual axis position from Gn_XIST1

CDale1989

I am trying to acerstain whether i can calculate the actual position of a Technology axis (sensorData.sensorData[n].position) using the value is Parameter R0482 Gn_XIST1.

I am also trying to use values stored in the parameter of the expert list of an axis to calculate how many turns an encoder has completed i.e. its current multiturn value. Is this possible?

Details:

Axis type: Rotary
Encoder type: rotary, [2051] 2048, 1 Vpp, A/B, EnDat, Multiturn 4096
Program: S7T Config

Thanks

Chris

The reason i want to use the parameters is for researching into how the encoder values are stored/manipulated.

I am hoping to see whether the configuration of an axis can be changed, this depends on how the multiturn information is stored.