Crimson 3 Redlion G315 Software Problem When Downloading

Sombrero

Hi guys!! Back again with another issue...

Im currently working with Crimson 3 and a G315 HMI. While working on a database I previously programmed, the G315 suddendly stopped accepting to be programmed via USB. Strange thing is, that (after manually erasing the database) I was able to program the HMI with a previous revision of my database. Im suspecting of a program that runs in the background, StartUpIni(), and the while condition this function has. Theres no difference between revisions from the communications point of view.

So, do you have any idea what the issue could be? Any suggestions?

Ill include both of my databases, so you can have a look at my issue. Thanks in advance. :confused:

Another thing I forgot to mention. When I upload the most recent revision, the HMI gets stuck at LOADING DATABASE and then it resets itself. Thats when I have to manually reset it to be able to upload the previous one.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------In times of crisis, we must do the impossible. Cause the possible is no longer working. :oops:

I think you're right to question the while() loop. It appears that it would run as fast as it can and take up too many CPU resources, not to mention that it never would reach the "end" of that program perhaps keeping the HMI stuck in the startup phase.

comment out the "while" loop section of the startup program and see if that helps.

If you can run that code once per second, create a new program called OnTick and put it there along with your EmergencyButton program call and set up the new program as the global OnTick program call.

If you need that code to run faster than that, you might need to rethink it and perhaps put the calculations as the source for the destination tags. I didn't study the whole application enough to understand the bigger picture, these suggestions are just first impressions.

Thanks for the reply Okie!

What I ended up doing was working with my previous revision, and started adding the work I had on my recent revision (except that modification on the code).

Ill be sure to remember not to do that again, its hard cause Im used to interfaces programmed for PC. But thanks for your time :) :p