1734-AENTR Point I/O

BR549

I've got a 1734-AENTR with 4x 1734-IB8S and 3x 1734-OB8S. I can not see the 7th card via RSLinx. I checked continuity through the base which is good. I have flipped the output cards around and still can not see card 7. Any help would be great. Thanks

Did you specifically go to the rack size tab of the 1734-AENT and set the rack size....just declaring 7 slots on the first tab isn't enough...you have to download that to the module on the last tab.

Yes, I did the download is shows it as 7 slots everywhere except in RSLinx Classic Gateway 3.81. And in the Logix controller organizer they all have the yellow triangle. But in RSLinx Classic Gateway they are all happy but I'm missing card 7.

WAG because I'm a Point I/O noob and have only used it once but try to change it to chassis size 8.

If they all have the yellow triangle, then you don't have it configured properly.

While online, Double click on the AENT-1734 and go to module info tab. Does it show the current revision and how does it compare to your project revision? If it times out and shows nothing, then its not communicating at all.

If the AENT is okay (no yellow triangle), then go to the first module and bring up it's module properties dialog. Click on the Module info tab. Does it show a match or time out?

Don't expect Logix 5000 to actually set the module properly.
Open up RSLinx, right click the adapter, select "Module Configuration" and set the rack size there.

You have 7 cards, but the adapter counts as one, so yes, set the rack size to 8.

If you still have issues, make sure that none of your modules are on the mile-long recall list for safety modules.