Experion Honeywell

joaco1993

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,

I have to develop a Scada in Experion and it will have many valves and pumps, besides other components.

So I want to create one single faceplate or popup, and depending which valve or pump I want to open/close (and show other information like faulted,manualized), as I click the valve, and the popup shows, I want it to automatically be linked to that valve/pump clicked.

In other softwares I used, its called indirect tags, but here I can’t find the way to do this.. and Im sure there is one.

Summarizing, I want to have one single popup, and depending the valve I click to open, it will be linked to the points of that valve.

If anyone has one screen that could send me to see as an example, or anything is appreciated!!

Thanks!

Hi all,

I have to develop a Scada in Experion and it will have many valves and pumps, besides other components.

So I want to create one single faceplate or popup, and depending which valve or pump I want to open/close (and show other information like faulted,manualized), as I click the valve, and the popup shows, I want it to automatically be linked to that valve/pump clicked.

In other softwares I used, its called indirect tags, but here I can’t find the way to do this.. and Im sure there is one.

Summarizing, I want to have one single popup, and depending the valve I click to open, it will be linked to the points of that valve.

If anyone has one screen that could send me to see as an example, or anything is appreciated!!

Thanks!

I haven't used the functionality, but search the PDF Collection for Faceplate and then use an existing faceplate as an example.

It doesn't seem to be straight forward, but when you figure out how to use it (based on built-in faceplates) it should work pretty well.

Thanks for answering Jharbin, but where do I get an existing faceplade as an example ?

I have tried a lot using the help file with no success, thats why im asking for help! haha

I mean, i know how to create a faceplate.. the thing i cant get running is this indirect addresing...

Last edited:
Thanks for answering Jharbin, but where do I get an existing faceplade as an example ?

It may vary based on which version Experion you have, but they are files that have _fp at the end of the filename right before the .htm extension. Search for SysGeneric_fp.htm - You might want to start with this as the basis for your faceplates.

Please note, I have learned all this by spending a few minutes searching the PDF Collection - you should do the same. I have never created a faceplate/popup, I just know it is possible. I won't be able to provide additional information.