What is WinCC OA?

Prince

I am mixed up. I see WinCC OA Report and logging systems for ios and android, This looks super fun!

Can you please explain the architecture for an old technician with an example?
How much does it cost?

WinCC OA is a SCADA system sold by Siemens (acquired from someone else), intended for what I'll call "extreme" SCADA applications: supports really huge numbers of servers and tags, basically everything imaginable is scriptable, and supports more operating systems than Windows (like Solaris).

Pricetag? No idea. I'm sure it varies based on the number ot tags, what options you want, etc. My assumpton is that there would be a server that does the communcation with the PLC and the logging/reports, and then the phone app just pulls from the server.

I got a chance to briefly play with it once, and it seemed pretty cool to me. I'm also more of a PLC guy than a SCADA guy, so I don't exactly have an expert eye for what is "cool" in a SCADA system vs what is expected. It did seem like it was a bit more powerful than I thought most applications really needed.

yeah, mk is right. WinCC OA is not connectad to Wincc at all and is build to support humonguos things and connect to everything... (many metros, CERN i believe use it) I know every part is for it self (server, runtime, client, logger..) It should be expensive with all the works, but not sure what happenes if you want a standalone combination..

Last edited: