Add on Instruction reading parts of an array RSLogix5000

tomthelampy

I have a tag called 'MBTCP.DATA.ReadData' INT[600] of which I would like to pull 16 sequential values into an add-on instruction.

I will need to do this a lot so rather than input each tag identifier individually I was hoping there was a way that I can reference 'MBTCP.DATA.ReadData' then the starting number [70] for example and read all 16 values.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

Tom.

Yes, you can pass the entire array as a reference and your starting number as a direct input. Your aoi will use that information to read the 16 values you are looking for.

In the AOI i have a parameter "Reference" with the type "INT"

When I try and use 'MBTCP.DATA.ReadData' as the input it gives me "??" as the value and gives an error "Missing reference to array element"

Apologies if I've misunderstood, am I going about this wrong?

When I try that, a pop up says

"Failed to set tag data type.
Invalid array. Input or output parameter must be BOOL, SINT, INT, DINT or REAL with no dimensions."

I had the usage set in Input rather than In/Out. Looks to be working now. Thanks for your assistance, and for reference I'm on V28.

Thanks again!