MicroLogix 1400 reading and writing to a Mitsubishi A8NEIP-2P

CatfishMan

I am new to this. I have a customer wanting to use a MicroLogix 1400 to control a Mitsubishi A8NEIP-2P. All I can find on the Mitsubishi site is for Control Logix 5000. Can anyone help me out with addressing and setting up a read/write message.

Welcome to the Forum !

The MicroLogix 1400 cannot create the same kind of cyclic I/O connection that a CompactLogix or ControlLogix can.

If the Mitsubishi module in built to only connect its I/O Assemblies to an I/O Connection, then it won't work at all with the MicroLogix 1400.

If the Mitsubishi will run by sending un-scheduled explicit messages to the I/O assemblies or to other objects in the device, then... maybe. Controlling devices with repeated Ethernet messages is a technique that I have been arguing strenuously against for years, because it's complicated, slow, and difficult to make run reliably.

Can you set up the drive to connect start/stop/jog via discrete I/O and speed via analog, then use the MicroLogix messaging to send configuration or read status ? That would be an excellent compromise.

That is what I will probably have to do is control the start/stop via discrete I/O and then use a read message to read the data we need. I am just having a hard time finding the addressing format to use as everything I find is for Controllogix of compactlogix. We can set the VFD up to run at the frequency we need as we do not need to change the speed. I need to be able to read the output current and output frequency so they know what the motor is doing.