MAH homing an axis passive and immediate

Guido

I have written the routine with MAM and MAS stopping the axis when it sees a prox input, then I use the MAH command with axis set to passive and immediate.
Do I need to move the axis after the MAH command or is it homed as soon as the MAH command is done?

Last edited:
Homed as soon as it is done....It sets current position to the position value (default 0) you have setup in the axis configuration. I can't remember off the top of my head for a passive MAH, but I believe you need to turn the axis off (MSF) to accept. For that reason, I'll usually use a MRP instead, redefining the position as 0, if it's an incremental encoder. If it's an absolute encoder, I'll use Motion Direct commands to home it once, and not worry about it again.

Last edited:
You should immediately be homed (whatever value you have home position set up for in the config).

The difference between using the "passive and immediate MAH" vs using an MRP is that the MAH will also set the "Homed" Status Flag. (only matters if you are using it for some logic)

I have written the routine with MAM and MAS stopping the axis when it sees a prox input, then I use the MAH command with axis set to passive and immediate.
Do I need to move the axis after the MAH command or is it homed as soon as the MAH command is done?

Passive - Immediate homes when the MAH is complete(When you issue the MAH). This should be working as you intend. Is there a reason you're not using Active - Switch?

If you drive your axis to the home position using MAM and MAS you won't get a terribly accurate home position. If you use MAH Passive, Switch while the axis is moving you will get the home position using interrupts - assuming that you wire that sensor into the drive.

I have used passive homing in co-axial rotary axes to prevent crashes and backlash errors.

If you drive your axis to the home position using MAM and MAS you won't get a terribly accurate home position. If you use MAH Passive, Switch while the axis is moving you will get the home position using interrupts - assuming that you wire that sensor into the drive.

I have used passive homing in co-axial rotary axes to prevent crashes and backlash errors.

I think you meant MAH Active...passive home involves no active movement.

I think you meant MAH Active...passive home involves no active movement.

The home produces no movement but it can be used with movement. Passive home with switch. I would jog the two axes at the same speed. When the first axis homed by passing its prox I would arm the second to get them in the right order.

The only trick is you need to make sure you don't start homing until you are clear of the home sensor or you don't get the edge.