TIA Portal - Firmware Update Required

jacoffey85

I'm new to TIA Portal still and am trying to retrieve a project, however when I do, I get this error. I had more updates required, but I was able to figure out what software to update and narrow the list down to only "HSP Firmware V4.7.6". However, I'm not sure what software I need to actually download. Hopefully someone can help.

Thanks in advance!

hspfirmware.PNG

You should have a Totally Integrated Automation UPDATER tool installed along with Portal. When you run it, it will go out to the internet, and search for all the new updates, both software & Hardware Support Packs. It can be configured to run daily, or on demand.

You should also be able to download all the HSPs as one ZIP file from the Siemens support site.

You should have a Totally Integrated Automation UPDATER tool installed along with Portal. When you run it, it will go out to the internet, and search for all the new updates, both software & Hardware Support Packs. It can be configured to run daily, or on demand.

You should also be able to download all the HSPs as one ZIP file from the Siemens support site.

I ran the TIA updater tool, that's how I was able to eliminate most of the software updates that I needed.

I also downloaded the HSP zip file from the website and installed all of them. Still had the same issue.

Heres what I ended up finding. I had to go to this link:

https://support.industry.siemens.co...12/sinamics-startdrive-v13-sp1?dti=0&lc=en-WW

And download "SINAMICS Startdrive V13 SP1 Support Package für SINAMICS Firmware V4.7 SP6" (second from bottom).

After I installed that support package, I was able to retrieve the project and open it.