Introduction to PLC Class

kittydog42

Has anybody taught beginning PLC classes at a technical school or community college? I am looking for a good textbook that won't be too expensive for the students. In the long term I am hoping to write my own curriculum but I will need something else in the short term. Any recommendations?

I teach short courses in PLC's for continuing Ed. I may be picky, but I have never found a textbook that I considered valuable enough to recommend to students.
The classes are typically 3 days, 8 hours each. They seem to work well, because approx. 50% of the time is hands-on programming on a laptop and PLC trainer station doing practical mini-projects.

Last edited:
The Admin of this site actually has a beginner PLC book that he sells on this very site. I personally have not seen it and not sure if it will fit the bill for what you are looking for, but I know it exists.
It is $39 and you can check it out on the HOME PAGE tab at the upper right corner of this page or just go to this link:

http://www.plcs.net/bookcover.shtml

He also has a lab book and electronics book that you may find handy.

If you have questions and would like to speak to Phil (the admin) start a new thread asking your question and I am sure he will see it or you can email him directly at [email protected]

Good luck
BCS