Kinetix 350 Hard Over-travel Fault

DSN

I'm controlling a Kintex 350 Servo Amp with a compactLogix. If the servo opens the over-travel limit switch it will fault the amplifier. I can clear the fault with a motion axis fault reset (MAFR) motion direct command but not sure how to jog the axis off of the over-travel limit because as soon as I use the motion servo on (MSO) command it faults again. I also don't see a way to reconfigure an over-travel to just stop the servo motor and not fault. If any one can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Thank You Usireland. I'm waiting on a quote for Tech Connect. Hopefully I can get it today and read the Technote.

Thanks Again.

In your axis setup under the categories Actions In the Exceptions section. Scroll down to Hardware Over travel Negative and Hardware Over travel Positive and change the action from Stop Drive to Stop Planner.

Help.jpg

^ that'll keep the drive from faulting, but still won't allow movement.

For the 350 you have to do a MSG instruction to the drive to temporarily disable the hard limits. The MSG instruction should be configured as Set Attribute Single, Class 42, Instance 1, Attribute 2e1...Write a value of 0 to disable, and when you're done, a value of 1 to re-enable.

My experience is with the 6500. The 350 may be operate differently. I just did a 33 axis machine where I just set the drive to stop planner and if I was in over travel the drive allowed me to JOG in the opposite direction with out any need to disable the hard limits.

My experience is with the 6500. The 350 may be operate differently. I just did a 33 axis machine where I just set the drive to stop planner and if I was in over travel the drive allowed me to JOG in the opposite direction with out any need to disable the hard limits.

The last 6000 I did with this requirement I had to disable the limit...I could not jog off the switch in the opposite direction. Maybe something else was in play.

Thanks Robobob. The Stop Planner did work on the Kinetix 350. I'm now able to jog off of the limit and can then clear the fault.