Fault History

catlinstults

We are running logix 5000. We had a plc fault on us. I cleared the fault as soon as i saw it and am now looking for the root cause of the fault. How do i look back at fault history? When i look in the major and minor fault is do not see anything showing there. Is there a way to find the fault after i have cleared them. Seemed to be some kind of communications fault. All of the drives in the program showed faults.

more info

i have went through the program and checked all of the fault code tags and they are not showing faults. it appears that the program is set up to clear these tags whenever you clear the fault. is ther anywhere else that you can see the fault history

As far as I know, you're out of luck. Always do a print screen before you clear the fault ;)

For the newer Logix processors you can insert an unprotected SD card when the processor is in fault and power cycle the processor and it will dump the MNRF (Major Non-Recoverable Fault) log to the card.

It may be a simpler option to programmatically trying to achieve similar results. It also allows you or another to quickly power cycle the fault and resume operations. You can then review the fault log later.

Regards,
George

Ot

It only takes a few seconds to read the fault. You could have taken a picture with your phone or print screen. I understand being busy, but busy doesn't mean take shortcuts.

That's easy to say after the fact, but there are certainly days/nights where it is much harder to do. I've been there and made the same mistake.

Bubba.