Powerflex 755 looses speed ref after power cycle

edwardeduful

Hello All,

Please one the powerflex 755 Drives looses itds speed reference anytime power-cycle the drive.
Parameter 545 goes to default and must set again.
Please what can be causing this, is there any other parameter i must set for this to stop.
Please your contributions will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

If it's networked to a Compact Logix or Control Logix PLC, it's possible that the PLC is set up to download a defined parameter set to the drive at startup (or whenever it detects a new drive). This is known as Auto Device Configuration, or ADC. The benefit of this technology is that you can swap a new drive in, and the PLC will program it up for you. The disadvantage is exactly what you're seeing - if you use the keypad to change a parameter, it will get overwritten the next time you cycle the power. To change a parameter, you have to either change it both on the keypad and in the PLC, or just change it in the PLC and then cycle the power to have the PLC do exactly what it's doing now, only with the correct value.

If it's networked to a Compact Logix or Control Logix PLC, it's possible that the PLC is set up to download a defined parameter set to the drive at startup (or whenever it detects a new drive). This is known as Auto Device Configuration, or ADC. The benefit of this technology is that you can swap a new drive in, and the PLC will program it up for you. The disadvantage is exactly what you're seeing - if you use the keypad to change a parameter, it will get overwritten the next time you cycle the power. To change a parameter, you have to either change it both on the keypad and in the PLC, or just change it in the PLC and then cycle the power to have the PLC do exactly what it's doing now, only with the correct value.
Thank you very much