Siemens blocks editor blank

bosire

hi guys,

I have a problem with my Simatic Manager, every time I open a block to write a program in editor window is completely blank even the catalogue is not also displayed, see the attached image, any help on that I will really appreciate.

forum picture.jpg

hi L D[AR2,P#0.0],

I do go s7 blocks, whenever I open either OB1, any FC or FB, the window to write my logic is blank as attached in the first question.

hi L D[AR2,P#0.0],

kindly help me the screen shot as per your suggestion I see if it can work,
want I do I go to s7 block>select any FC>right>open object or double click to the Block, and when it opens up, the window to write my logic and catalogue to pull functions to use is totally blank, I have reinstalled the Simatic manager like 3 times but all in vain..

any help forthcoming will be appreciated

hi jstolaruk,

is a new PC , the Simatic manager version is v5.5 sp3, the pc is windows 7 professional 64 bit,I wanted to create a logic that controls danfoss drive, so there are no blocks, am creating the blocks for the first time and I wanted to use stl as my program language so every time I insert a new block so as to program, the logic window of the block is blank when I open it, if I go to view to see if I can select the language it is also inactive, the catalogue also has program blocks for programming, see also VIEW pull down menu in the attached pic

forum.jpg

Could be a windows problem. Things you can try.

What user rights do you have? You must a at least a power user and member of the Siemens groups.
Are you administrator?
If you are try to start Step7 as administrator.

Try to disable all antivirus and also turn off UserAccountControl
for test.

Restart computer before trying again if you change user settings or UAC settings

hey guys , thanks for your willingness to bill me out of the problem I was for that cheers 🍺

I decided to install a new operating system from window 7 professional to window 7 enterprise and now it is working

thanks a lot