Kinetix 6000-After a E-38( Ring Fault )reset servo motor takes off high rate of speed

Rob S.

I'm sorry to bother you guys,

I have been battling this random issue for weeks. We have 14 - Kinetix 6000 drives. When the operator sometimes stops the machine , all 14 drives fault out with E-38 Faults. The only way to reset these faults is to power down the machine . Once the operator resets the machine to run it , one servo motor takes off at a high rate of speed. The machine is about 10 years old and nobody has seen this happen. I don't know much about motion ( I want to learn more ) . We replaced all the Fiber Optic Cables. The only thing left would be the Serco's Module 1756-M16SE.

Have any of you seen this before ?

Thanks again,

It sounds like you have a couple of issues. My biggest concern is why the program is giving an enable and run signal to a drive at power up. Next time it happened, I would check the program and see where the run signal is coming from and why it's not clearing after a power up.
As for the sercos issue. Sorry I can't be much help. In my experience it is either a bad cable, or it works fine.

Bubba.

Is it an ordinary controlled stop or an emergency stop that drops power from some element of the control system ? Is the "reset" an emergency stop reset, or an ordinary controlled start ?

I wonder if this could be due to the 2014-03-03 issue where a Kinetix 6000 could malfunction if the SERCOS ring was phasing up while the motor was still in motion (generally from coasting).

To Ken's thought: 590261 - Kinetix 6000 Excessive Motor Movement on Startup

"Important: Only product running firmware versions 1.126 and prior is affected by this anomaly."