DCS to SiemensPLC using minimum tags.

maico

Hi all,
I am currently working on a project where I will end up with 500+ AO tags being sent to the PLC from deltaV, I will be using serial I/O for this but would still like to reduce the number as much as possible most of these are parameter settings, speed settings, weights, timers, valve selection etc some are duplicated ie changing the speed of the same motor but in a different cycle.
Anybody any ideas on how to reduce the number of tags and still bring across the same information?
Any ideas would be great. Thx

Similar Topics

Hi everyone How i can configure a periodic report of the list of alarms? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I am currently trying to communicate ControlLogix PLCs via EtherNet/IP with Delta V DCS. There is a VIM2 card configured for...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to read three 4-20mA signals from a DCS(ABB) in a remote 6 channel analog input module with RS485 modbus port. When I connected...
Replies
Views
I have a DCS instruction, that is set up for an E-STOP. I have the restart type and cold start type both set as automatic. I can test the e-stop...
Replies
Views
Hello All, New to this forum. I'm reviewing two programs from two different integrators we have used. Both are using Guardlogix 5094-IB16S/A...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom