Migrating RSView VBA code to FTView

mateus

Hello there, I'm new at the forums and with HMI programming and would like to ask for some help.

I'm having trouble migrating a VBA code from RSView to FTView. I've read that you have to change the code due to the different way that both programs execute VBA codes.

I have 3 displays, each one containing objects (arms) that are animated (extend and retract motion) using the VBA code. Since those arms don't have servomotors with encoders to precise their position, we use the VBA code along with events to add and subtract values to the tag, simulating its position over to time until it the position step is changed (e.g., step 1 = retracted; step 2 = moving from retracted position to extended position; step 3 = extended.) The steps condition are being used on the events.

I can copy and paste the code and what's being used on the events if it helps to better understand this process.

I'm writing here because I couldn't fully understand the 'group' concept that FTView uses, since it's no possible to use de vbaexec command. And all the exemples that I've read about this use buttons, but in this case there is no button to press on those displays in order to make the animation work. What happens is that I have to press a button on another display to execute the display with the VBA animation. That button executes the events and then executes the display with the animations.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough with the explanation, english isn't my first language. I would really appreciate if anyone has the patience to help me out with this.

Welcome to the forums!

I've never tried to do animation using VBA, except for visibility.

Perhaps look at using the built in animation functions instead of VBA? You can animate the size or the position of an object based on a PLC tag. Perhaps start a timer in the PLC when your arm starts to extend, and check how long that takes. If it takes 10 seconds, then the timer will increment from 0-10000 in that time - animate the size/position based on the timer accumulator, and set your animation range to 0-10000.