FTView: Execute VBA code from event

mateus

Hi there,

Is it possible to execute a VBA code using the 'Action' field in an event? Since FTView doesn't have the vbaexec command... If not, how to proceed?

Ps.: I'm migrating a RSView project to FTView, in RSView i was using the vbaexec command.

I'm not familiar enough with RSView to know how the vbaexec command works, but if you can give a little more specific detail on what you ultimately want to achieve, I might be able to help a little

FTView SE VBA is very different than RSView32 VBA. In a lot of ways, it's less powerful and harder to use in FTView than it was in RSView.

Long story short, no, an event cannot directly launch VBA code in View SE. In RSView32, VBA code could be "centralized" in modules that could be called from any object in the project. The vbaexec command could execute any subroutine you programmed in that central module, from any screen in the project, even events.

This is no longer the case. In SE, all vba code is tied to a specific display. There is no central repository for subroutines. You can fake this out and reproduce this functionality by setting up your runtime project to call up a display you've dedicated solely for VBA code. If you run the display as an overlay type, and then called it with the command "Display (your display name here) /ZA" this will call it up in cache so it won't be visible on runtime but will still execute the code.

Your event programming will have to be done in the vba code of this display. You can access it by right-clicking on an empty area of the screen and clicking "VBA Code" on the context menu.