I have joined the club....

David_Emmerich

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi group
It seems that I have joined the PM/Email club...I sure do not mind getting these, but I do believe that the writers will get better answers here , from all of us as a group. Here is an email I recieved this morning, I have sent him a reply as to my posting it here.
Hi David,
> I am a Controls Engineer over in Illinois, and my background is heavy
>in the power industry with Fanuc's and a bit of AB SLC 500's. I just did
>two years in Ct working for a Fuel Cell comapnay and it was not a super
>fit culture wise. We have returned to Illinois where life is at a better
>pace. I have about 8 years worth of PLC experience, 12 in I&C. So here
>is my question and it may seem simple but its making me do a lot of
>hunting at the logic I was handed.
>The system I am about to build is a conveyer system with a SLC 500. IT
>consists of a 4 motors and zones in the lower conveyer and lift zone and
>then 4 zones along an upper conveyers. The system can move forward and
>reverse.
>While I would expect sequencing logic dependiong on phto eyes and
>proximity probes I see in addition this N7:X / XX indexing thing taking
>place. So my question is:

>(1) is there a good conveyer logic cookbook out there

>(2) Do you know of any web sites I could use

>3) Have you run into bit moves and binary indexing in the past in
>such systems and why ?

>(4) By chance is there any good folks you know who have a strong
>conveyer knowledge I could chat with.

>Thanks for your time and consideration. Will keep you web site handy for
>my nuclear buddies as well.

>Dave Ketchledge
>Controls Engineer
>

Alright, who wants to go first?

David :site:

I'll have a go at it :)

re 2): If your question is not really PLC related maybe the eng-tips forum is more suited to you.

re 4): I have some conveyor knowledge. But "conveyors" is a very broad definition. And the things you can do (and thus problems to solve) with conveyors is seemingly unlimited.
If you have a question I will try to answer it.

Dave's gonna need to provide more details, or at least a better description of the project. I'm not quite sure I understand what he's trying to do... :unsure:

Regarding your recent enrollment in 'the club', be sure to inquire about Steve's new 'lifetime membership' plan. One flat fee instead of those annoying monthly payments... :D

beerchug

-Eric

P.S. I guess you didn't make it up last weekend for your reunion, David?

Awww jeeez Dave (not David)...

You might as well be asking...

>(1) is there a good conveyer logic cookbook out there

Is there a good marriage cookbook out there?

>(2) Do you know of any web sites I could use

Do you know of any psychologists or sociologists I could talk to?

>3) Have you run into bit moves and binary indexing in the past in such systems and why ?

Have you run into "periods" and moments of illogic? If so, Why?

>(4) By chance is there any good folks you know who have a strong conveyer knowledge I could chat with.

By chance is there any good folks you know who have a strong experience with such things?

Dave, we have the answers to all of your painful questions. We just need to know what the hell the question is!

And Dave... stay ON-BOARD... huh? OK?

So I'm a smart-a$$... so what?

Well I sent the other David an email with a link to this post, haven't heard back yet...

No Eric, I didn't make it up there...my machine in Boston is running like a top, so we decided not to make the trip...anyway I made many,many wife points by helping her clean the house all weekend. :) :) :) :)

I did make that monthly payment a few weeks ago, but have not recieved my reciept yet, so I guess it doesn't take effect until next month...we'll just have to see if the benefits of the club are all that they are chalked up to be...Paul seemed to have very good results, didn't he...where is Paul anyway,...oh, he must be tuning up his PC's at the house, I'm starting to catch him on SETI.

David :site:

David_Emmerich said:

...where is Paul anyway,...

I am still here David, been a bit busy for the past couple of weeks, so I have only been 'looking in' and not participating much, either here or at Ron's. Normal service will soon be resumed!

David_Emmerich said:

oh, he must be tuning up his PC's at the house, I'm starting to catch him on SETI.

One of my PC's has now made it to the rubbish dump!! The other one I had running SETI has now been reconfigured for my wife to use, after moaning at me for years about how much time and money I spend on PC's she finally decided she wants one for her use :rolleyes: So instead of buying her a nice new one, I treated myself to a laptop and passed my old PC onto her. I only have my laptop running SETI and then only occasionally.

Paul