Rslinx 3.90

Hi,

You got me curious, and worried, because I had only installed RSLogix 500 v11 on one of our workstations yesterday and it also updated RSLinx Classic from v3.8x to 3.9x. I've just done a quick check to a 5370 CompactLogix L16ER using USB and it showed up OK automatically in RSLinx Classic. However, I've since done a test to a 2715 PanelView 5500 over USB and it will not show up. I had just flashed this terminal last week over USB from this workstation.

I might try a PowerFlex 525 next.

Hmm?

This particular workstation is running Windows 7 Enterprise 32-bit. There is a 32-bit and a 64-bit USB driver package available with RSLinx Classic and the 32-bit package is installed OK. I've also done a repair on it no to avail. The fact it can see the L16ER suggests the driver is working OK.

What troubles are you experiencing?

Regards,
George

I am using it without any problems, but I recall having issues in 3.81 where Somehow 32-bit driver got activated instead of 64 bit.
There is a technote on how to do cleanup and install 64 bit.

But I'm on 32-bit. I don't care about anyone else!

I tried a PowerFlex 525 but forgot it doesn't show under the USB driver in RSLinx Classic. You flash it using the PF52XUSB.EXE utility and I remember now only seeing it under Ethernet in RSLinx Classic, not USB.

Geospark said:
But I'm on 32-bit. I don't care about anyone else!

Contr_Conn said:
I was no replying to you, this was directed to the original poster

I know that! I was joking as if I am selfishly hijacking widelto's thread.

Geospark said:
...I don't care about anyone else!

AGill said:
Not believable

Get out of my thread! (<<<Joke_02 - cleverly blending the hijacking and selfishness aspects of Joke_01)

I'll have to experiment some more with this issue tomorrow.

G.