!!! Need Cimplicity Assistance PLEASE !!!

sec_tech215

I'm having an issue with editing my Alarm settings within the Cimplicity workbench. I am attempting to change alarm sounds and settings dependent on alarm classification. Long story short, I am unable to select "properties" from the drop down dialog within my alarm classes. I have tried from Admin account as well as user accounts with no success.

I go to "Advanced -> Alarms -> Alarm Classes" then my list of classes is on the right side. I should be able to right-click and change the properties but it is all greyed out with only the option to "copy." I have already done this on other workstations but this is the only one not letting me change properties. What could be the reason for this? Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated. GE will not provide me with tech support due to not having "Global Care" or whatever it is.

Hi,

Indeed, it can be a problem with the license.
It is possible that the license on this workstation is for runtime only.
I know that you cannot edit properties on a runtime licence, you need the developers licence.
So maybe that is the issue here.

Greetings,
John.

Thank you Steve and John for taking the time to assist me with my issue. I am going to go ahead and check the status of the license on that workstation. I'll also try and take a shot with posting to the GE forum. Thanks all!!

what does the zin gear ze 800 do?

i came across this circuit breaker, but how does it works?
what is it function?

Sec_tech215,

Do you have full file access from a server with working edit possibility's to the server with your problem ?
If so, you can open the project that is on your not editing workstation with the Workbench on your working workstation and do your editing stuff.
Then save the project ( that is on the non editing station).
Stop and start the project on the non editing station.
Done...

this trick worked for us for a long period until we upgraded all our servers to developer licenses.

gr. John.

Thank you Steve and John for taking the time to assist me with my issue. I am going to go ahead and check the status of the license on that workstation. I'll also try and take a shot with posting to the GE forum. Thanks all!!

A quick way to check your license is to go to Programs>Proficy Common>License Viewer. It will take a few minutes, but a summary page will open showing all your license key information for that machine. At the bottom will be your key options: License (Runtime or Development) and Type (Viewer or Server).

thanks

John.S and mbartoli, thanks so much for your replies! these are both extremely helpful. First, I will use mbartoli's direction to check my license status. Then, I will definitely do what John.S recommended and make the configuration changes on the PC with the developer license. I'm new to this sort of thing so I do appreciate everyone taking the time to assist with my issue. THANK YOU EVERYONE! I will do this on Tuesday the 21st when I return to the facility so i'll post my results then.