UDS1100 to SLC 5/04

asteroide

Hello Friends

I have gotten a UDS1100 to connect a 5/04 PLC to Ethernet through serial port.

I have set the IP address in the UDS1100, but I can get the serial port working.

When I connect my PC to the PLC (serial port) the RS232 led in the CPU blinks, When I connect the UDS1100, it does not blinks.

Should I see the PLC in the RSLinx Ethernet Driver?

Is it posible to connect thought Ethernet the PC-UDS1100-5/04?

I need this to get some tags with Kepserver.

Thanks in advance.

Should I see the PLC in the RSLinx Ethernet Driver?

No. General-purpose Ethernet serial servers don't automatically convert the Rockwell "EtherNet/IP" protocol to DF1 serial.

Specific-purpose devices do. The Allen-Bradley 1761-NET-ENI does this (though it has recently been discontinued).

Digi has devices with features that are oriented toward industrial protocols in their "Industrial Automation Protocol" family. The Digi One IAP and the UDS1100 IAP and DR Express IAP are among the ones that can be configured to do the same thing as the NET-ENI.

To use an ordinary general-purpose Ethernet serial server, set it up to provide a virtual serial port, and use the DF1 RS-232 Devices driver in RSLinx Classic.

Thanks for your help.

I have the UDS1100 (no IAP), according to the specs IAP is for more advanced functions, maybe in the future I will use.

I have done what Ken Roach said, and now it is working.

Thanks a lot. 🍺