How do I use variables in ladder logic

bishoposiris

Say I have tag.0 and I want to increment it on a certain trigger. I'm sure there would be some syntax such as tag.var where var would increment from 0 to 1 to 2 and so forth but I don't know how to do this.

A second request is what if I want var to change randomly instead of sequentially between 1 and 20?

As I type this I don't know what you are programming in. If you are using ladder logic, this should get you close.

Example.jpg
Example_zpslxcarw5e.jpg.html
Example_zpslxcarw5e.jpg.html

"Randomness" is tricky in a PLC, as they are intended to be deterministic. The simplest I've seen is to read the system clock. I've also seen things mocked up where you smash a bunch of trig functions together and see what comes out.

Regardless, you usually use the smallest digits out of the result, not the whole thing.