InTouch PLC5 Tags mapped to new ControlLogix

Sheehanigans

Hey all,

I've got a migrated PLC5 program running well on a new CLX processor. As you surely know, tags like B3:0/0 convert over to B3[0].0 and everything is OK.

The issue is making InTouch (v11) talk to the new CLX using the legacy style tags. I've set up mapping in RSLogix for File 3 to B3 and File 7 to INTARRAY, and have tried connecting via various methods of DASABCIP and TCP, but the data never makes it to Intouch. SMC logger says things like...

Invalid item B3:0/1, not defined in processor

Tags in InTouch that read the new format (B3[0].0) are connecting just fine.

Am I missing something?

Why would you try to add a layer of translation, trying to use PLC mapping for this? PLC mapping is for legacy PLC5/SLC comms. Do a DBDump on your WW and change all the item names to the new format...done and done.

I've set up mapping in RSLogix for File 3 to B3 and File 7 to INTARRAY, and have tried connecting via various methods of DASABCIP and TCP, but the data never makes it to Intouch.

I don't really understand what you mean by this, but unless your InTouch item name matches your target PLC tagname exactly, then you shouldn't expect to be able to read or write to the tag.

Why not simply do a database dump from your InTouch application and use Find and Replace in Excel to modify your existing item names to match your new PLC tagnames?

Yeah I know, just trying to save some time on a project migration that may not even be implemented.

The InTouch tags are formatted like B3/1950 and I'd have to add the octal converter and such in excel.

I was hoping the PLC/SLC mapping would band-aid this application until I could get some time to rewrite most of it.

Yea sorry but the mapping does not work for DAS drivers. I have only seen it work with SLC or PLC-5 messaging.
I just export the WW DB and run a macro I made that converts them to Logix addressing and then re-import it.