Parker AC10 VFD - control over modbus

rQx

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi!

I'm not to good at communications so I wanted to practise my skills and control a Parker AC10 VFD over modbus. I go at the problem in three steps.

1. Use parker program that control the AC10 over modbus and that is also return the string that is send.

2. Use simply modbus rtu master to see if I can control it with external program.

3. Use s7-1200 to control it.

----------------------

Step1: I can send commands using the program and change the speed of the drive.

Step2: I use simply mobus and send commands to the VFD. I confirm that the string that is send is the exact same as in step 1 but it won't work.

Step3: Need to complete step 2 first.

-------------------------------

I attach screenshots of the situation and maybe someone can assist me in someway.

As you can see I get diffrent errors and diffrent responses. Sometimes no respond at all and get time out after 5 sec. And sometimes I get response 03=illegal data value.

But as you also see I send the exact same string to the VFD. Is there something fishy with the simply modbus tool?

My thought was to verify that the communication is working with a simple 3rd party tool. So when I go on to controlling the with the PLC I can focus on troubleshooting the PLC part. Maybe I'm doing it wrong here?

/Tim