Omron CP1H ETHERNET CONNECTION

erivinoth

HI,

Omron CP1H PLC able to Connect thirty party SCADA (Allen Bradley) via Optional Earthent Port. And can i use two port (Eathernet and Rs232c) in one CP1H CPU module. If any one knows please let me know.

Thanks,

Regards,

M.Vinothkumar

The CP1H will accept two option modules so you should be fine. There are some restrictions on the early CIF41v1 option modules but those were corrected in the CIF41v2. You will have to set the DIP switches properly and configure the option modules (serial ports 1& 2) in PLC Settings according to the instructions.

erivinoth, "Ethernet" is not enough to know. What communication protocol do you need on Ethernet?
FINS/TCP? Ethernet IP? Modbus? Socket service?
CP1H can take 2 optional communication boards on the main unit and 2 CJ1W modules on the side.
All may be communication modules, in almost any combinations, except 2 similar ethernet boards on the main unit.

Last edited:
CP1W-EIP61 board is an adapter(slave) for Ethernet/IP implicit messaging.
It does not need any configuration other than the port IP address, which is done from Internet Explorer or other browser.
For PLC to be Ethernet/IP scanner (master), or for explicit messaging, CJ1W-EIP21 module is required. It is configured via Network Configurator program from CX-One package.