Factory talk Studio touch input message

grider75

I have used the Factory talk on my PC before and have never got this message "Touch input is enabled". It asks if for me to disable the touch input. Isnt this for a PC with a touch screen? Mine does not have that and I do not have the option of turning this input off. Anyone have this problem before? It will not launch Factory talk because of this.

Never mind found the answer on Knowledge base. Had to go into services on my PC and turnoff Tablet PC input service. Don't know how that got turned on but it worked.

This just happened to me this morning, glad I found this post! Same scenario - not using a tablet, no touch screen to speak of. Somehow the *ability* to use one was turned on. Says it is set to be started *manually*. I didn't do it. IDK. Anyway - if you go into services.msc and stop the service, no restart is required to launch FTVS.

LOVE this site. Problem resolved in 4 mins. Thanks for the replies showing the fix!

Not big on conspiracy theories but having this happen to me, day on day a year later.....

Busy fixing a bug, close FTView, open it again, met with this error. Not sure why FTView would check for this or why it matters. And when I click to open the app anyway, open the goddamn app.

grider75 said:
I have used the Factory talk on my PC before and have never got this message "Touch input is enabled". It asks if for me to disable the touch input. Isnt this for a PC with a touch screen? Mine does not have that and I do not have the option of turning this input off. Anyone have this problem before? It will not launch Factory talk because of this...

...Never mind found the answer on Knowledge base. Had to go into services on my PC and turnoff Tablet PC input service. Don't know how that got turned on but it worked.

Better late than never...

It's usually good practice here to post the Knowledgebase technote article so that others can view it. Although the OP did loosely explain the solution, here it is with some extra info related to different Windows Operating Systems...

673970 - FactoryTalk View Studio: Touch input is enabled
Access Level: TechConnect

...Turn if off, and disable it, and possibly reboot machine.

Regards,
George

Never mind found the answer on Knowledge base. Had to go into services on my PC and turnoff Tablet PC input service. Don't know how that got turned on but it worked.

Hello,

Thanks for the information ... the same issue happened to me.

Except that the service had a different displayed name : Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service

Last edited: