Way OT: Chinese DVR

Aabeck

I have a customer with 2 DVR's for their security camera system. They are identical, each has 32 camera & 8 audio channels, space and connections for 4 SATA hard drives, 2 USB ports, an Ethernet port and a remote control.

All they know about them is 'some guy from China' gave them to then and they have been working for years, but they want to change some settings and it's asking for an Admin password - Admin, admin, password and <blank> don't work.

There is nowhere on the case outside, inside or on the circuit boards any name, model, serial, or identification other than 'Digital Video Recorder"

Has anybody seen these or know where a manual or website may be found for them?

0314171146_HDR.jpg

Mara,

Thanks - the second link is the exact unit, but no brand name. I sent a request to the seller if he knows the maker or where a manual or software could be found.

Harryting,
I will try those they link to.

Thanks to both.

Try admin as the username and 12345 as the password. That is the default for some DVR's.

Well, they obviously don't watch Mel Brooks movies, standing on their heads either.

No reset PB anywhere and pulling the coin battery for hours only lost the clock time and day.

Now to go through all the other links, with fingers crossed

Lare,

Thanks, that's exactly the model. I sent a request for the manual and CD.

As far as the password search goes, I am still trying everything - the only thing I have found out is it will not take a password over 5 characters.