GE Proficy Machine Edition

Codenamecody

I'm doing my first project in proficy ME v7.0. I have a lot of allen bradley experience, and this is a bit different. I have a newbie question, can I download a project to hardware that doesn't match what I have configured in the project? I want to download an existing project that is configured for two racks, but all I have is one on my desk.

-Cody

It will be best if you download the desktop hardware configuration to your desktop system. After that, you can download only the program from the project you are going to deploy in the factory. That will prevent you from getting a bunch of "Loss of Module" faults in your I/O fault table. It will also permit you to toggle real-world inputs on and off without having to force them.

In Proficy Machine Edition, the direction for download is from PME to the PLC, upload is from the PLC to PME.
When you attempt a transfer from Proficy Machine Edition to the PLC (download) while the PLC is stopped, you are given a set of check boxes where you can select whether you want to transfer the program, the hardware configuration, or the initial values. When the PLC is running, you don't get the choice because all you can transfer from PME to the PLC while the PLC is running is the program.
I'm pretty sure you get the check boxes when you transfer from the PLC to PME (upload), regardless of whether or not the PLC is running, but I don't have a PLC handy at the moment to verify that.

Ok, I think I understand. If I'm going to be downloading to some hardware that doesn't match what I have in my project, just omit the hardware configuration from the download via the checkboxes that appear.