Siemens Step 7 and Drive Monitor

Mad_Poet

Dear sirs,
I have several machines running under Siemens Step 7. PLC's, and Master Drives (motor drives).

I have the feeling that it is possible to access the Master Drives from the Step 7 program, and I thought I saw it once . . . But I can't find it now.

What I would like to do, is access the drives from step 7 then run the Drive Monitor program and download the parameter sets out of the drives and store them on the computer running Step 7.

Is there an easy way to do this?
Mad Poet.

Many Thanks, JRW.
I think I saw some of the MasterDrives . . . but not all of them.
I'm sure I need to go back down and spend some quality time with my machines and see how many and which Drives are there . . .
Mad_Poet

Step 7 and MasterDrives

Dear JRW,
I spent some quality time with my machines, and there are some drives as shown in your picture. But, not all the drives are shown.

My number 2 machine only has two 'Rotor Drive's . . . but Simatec is showing three 'Rotor Drive's.

My number 1 machine only has one drive shown - but there looks to be three different parameter sets in there.

Most interesting, and what I would love to figure out, on my number 2 machine there is a 'Hopper' Drive. It has two parameter sets in it. One would be the original dated 2008. The other says it is 'Hopper 1' and it is dated 2014. (I'd post a picture, but I don't seem to have the technology.) Also, my number two machine has some 28 Hopper Drives on it.

The drives are all connected to the Step 7 computer via Profibus. What I would really like to be able to do, is download all the parameter sets from all the drives and store them on the Step 7 computer . . . then if I ever have to change a drive I have everything I need right there.

Mad-Poet.