ethernet communication fault

Saudi jamal

Hi guys,
I am facing Ethernet communication fault. We have simatic net CP. I observed it's RX/TX led is not blinking and it is steady green indication. Under this CP there is one Hmi and one adept controller.now I am not sure from this fault coming.
How can I make sure where is the problem.
Kindly support and guide me. My machine is stopped.
Kind regards.
Jamal.

Hi bit,
Thanks .
Sometimes I have done power shut down for PLC,adept controller and Hmi .Now I power on and I see PLC CPU and simatic net CP is not going to run mode and SF showing steady red.
So I disconnect Ethernet cable from adept controller and I see PLC CPU is going to run mode
And it is look like normal but CP RX/TX led steady green but not blinking.
Kindly see attachment image and guide me.
Thanks for your valuable time.

Hi bit,
Thanks .
Sometimes I have done power shut down for PLC,adept controller and Hmi .Now I power on and I see PLC CPU and simatic net CP is not going to run mode and SF showing steady red.
So I disconnect Ethernet cable from adept controller and I see PLC CPU is going to run mode
And it is look like normal but CP RX/TX led steady green but not blinking.
Kindly see attachment image and guide me.
Thanks for your valuable time.

I'm not familiar with your particular PLC, but if it is not entering run mode, then I wouldn't expect communications to work. It is likely that you have either lost the program or have a hardware fault within your PLC.

Hello,

In Siemens world, green means that there are no faults but the card is not communicating. So I would say that your cable may actually be good, but your program is not sending or receiving anything from the card.
When the card is communicating, the light will be yellow. The same applies to Scalance network switches.

Was the machine communicating before and stopped? Was there any modification done? Did any part got replaced?

Is this a system you are programming? What addresses/functions are you using? You may have set up the integrated port on the CPU instead of the CP card for communication.

Give us more detail and I'm sure we can figure this out.

Hi,
We observed sometimes CP RX/TX led not blinking .its mean it is not communicating with

Other devices.so problem is CP or CPU or other devices like Hmi or adept controller.
M/c was working good. Just suddenly we facing fault Ethernet network . Still I have confused

Which device is malfunctioning and how do I confirm.also note that we don't replace any part or don't done any modifications.
Any idea would be appreciated.
Regards.
Jamal

Here's the meaning of the LED's
https://cache.industry.siemens.com/dl/files/456/23643456/att_41290/v1/GH_CP343-1-Lean-CX10_76.pdf page 27

What is the status of the X1/P1 LED's? I confused the LED's, these were the ones I was talking about on the previous post.

If it's green, it means that the hardware (cables, etc...) is good. If it's off then there is a hardware fault.

Is this CP communicating with more than one device? Or is it only connected to one device (like an HMI)?
If it connects to a switch, try pinging from the switch up to the CP.
Also, if it connects to a switch, is the switch working?
Have you power-cycled the switch?

Hi,
I am suspecting CP is defective.we don't have same type CP as spare and original CP is
6GK7 -343-1EX11-0XE0 BUT we have new CP which is 6GK7-1EX20-0XE0.
My question is now is it possible to fixed it instead of original one. If I replace new type then what I do in programming (hardware). Please help me to replace with new CP.
Your suggestions and idea would be highly appreciated.
Regards.
Jamal.

You would open the software project.
Open the hardware configuration, in there it will be a rack with the modules in the project.
Right-click on the module and replace with the appropriate type you have.

Then check that the communication configuration is ok and compile/download.

I would say that they may actually work without modifying the software... but can't say for sure.