View SE Functional Equivalents for "Account" and "ActivityViewer"

I'm converting an RSView32 project and part of it is the ability to mange users and view the Activity Log from Runtime.

I have the Migration guide so I know these commands aren't available in View SE. I'm wondering if there is a functional equivalent I can do. Is there any way I can get this functionality? The ability to manage users from Runtime is the highest priority.

No. It is FTView SE, designed to be ultra secure (cough), and compliant with the highest security ratings (laugh) via the ability to certify against 21 CFR Part 11 (rolling on the floor).

In truth, SE uses primarily Windows Security, but dumbs that down to insignificance. Your run time options include "Login", "Logout", and "Show Password Box".

For FTV SE, User Accounts are managed under the FactoryTalk Administration Console (FTAC). If you want to manage User Accounts at runtime from a Client, then you can launch FTAC from within the application using the "AppStart" command and pointing it at "FTAdmin.exe".

Example...

AppStart "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Rockwell\FTAdmin.exe"

You can set Security Privileges for individual User Accounts or Groups to prevent unauthorized changes, but it's usually best to just simply restrict those who have no requirement for FTAC from being able to open it by using the AppStart command on a secured Display.

Regards,
George

For FTV SE, User Accounts are managed under the FactoryTalk Administration Console (FTAC). If you want to manage User Accounts at runtime from a Client, then you can launch FTAC from within the application using the "AppStart" command and pointing it at "FTAdmin.exe".

Example...

AppStart "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Rockwell\FTAdmin.exe"

You can set Security Privileges for individual User Accounts or Groups to prevent unauthorized changes, but it's usually best to just simply restrict those who have no requirement for FTAC from being able to open it by using the AppStart command on a secured Display.

Regards,
George

Sounds good. This is what I'll do.