timer issue with micrologix1400

Rahul Kumbhar

dear friend,
I am working on project where i have used two timer one for actual counting and other is for the display meaning. i am displaying timer in hh:mm:ss so i used actual timer tt bitt for further calculations. but now i am facing some issue. the display timer will be running 5-6 sec more than actual timer the both timer are in different ladders. is any one have solution for this

Hi and welcome to the Forum,
First things first: Please tell us what PLC you are using. Given that you mentioned the TT bit I am assuming Allen Bradley but we need to know for sure.

Due to scan times it is not uncommon for timers to get out of sync with each other. How are you doing your timers? Do you have timers with a very long preset time? Do you have a short timer that on DN increments a counter? How long does it take for your counters to get that far out of sync?

If you can you post your program (zip it first, forum rule) we would be able to get a good look at what you are doing and hopefully offer some suggestions.

Sorry the Title of your post has the Processor you are using in it:oops:
So for get that part of my reply. If you can post your program it would help.

You will never get accurate times using timers if you are actually looking to monitor hours, minutes, and seconds.

Just run a counter off of the real time clock seconds output. Generate a one shot pulse every time that changes, and increment/decrement an internal counter when needed.