2198-ABQE Ethernet Output Module Experience

zacha79

We have a current machine that has 3 yaskawa servo drives being controlled by a Galil Motion Controller. I added a compactlogix L306ER to the system for a laser length feedback. It was suggested to me that a 2198-ABQE ethernet output module could be added to the compactlogix system to replace the Galil controller.

I have not been able to find any feedback on the use of this ethernet module and how well it would work. Does anyone have any experience with this? I am really interested in getting rid of the Galil controller.

Thanks
Zach

Without knowing your exact application, looks reasonable from the manual. Manual does state you need Studio v30 or later.

Similar Topics

Hello, Happy new year, I have posted here before because of a plc problem so I figured while I look through Google and different manuals, that I...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, The Kinetix is a 5700 series. Due to components shortage, I have to try to replace a D020-ERS4 by a ERS3. I happen to have the...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. I know the title is a bit vague but I have several problems and would like to attempt to capture them all here. To begin with...
Replies
Views
I have yellow question marks beside Servo Modules in the RS Logix 5000 ( v 28). These Servo modules are Kinetix 5700. Part numbers range from...
Replies
Views
Hello gentlemen, I have Allen Bradley Servo drive(P/N: 2198-H040-ERS) in stock. However, the servo motor should be Allen Bradley VPL-B1003F...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom