Danfoss VLT Micro FC51

chud

Hi Guys
Took over a job where the customer has VLTmicro fc51 drives. Im installing a plc to control them so I would need a digital input from them telling me if they are tripped. I have never used these drives before
There is no relay outputs on these drives. The only thing I found in the manual is that you can switch the analog output to a digital output via paramater 6-90 and 6-92. I have done this but still dont get the contact to react. Just get a permanent 18Vdc out.
Is there any other settings you guys know of?

Thanks for any advice

Your PLC input likely presents insufficient load for that solid state (converted) output, your PLC input is reading the leakage current regardless of the state. You may need to experiment with burden resistors or at the very worst, use the VFD output to drive an interposing relay and the relay to give you the input to the PLC.

most VFD have relay output for VFD status

He makes a good point. I took it at your word that you said this drive has no output other than the convertible one, but I just looked at the manual and there is indeed a relay output. 01, 02 and 03 terminals are a Form C relay. 03 is common, 01 is NO and 02 is NC. The functionality is programmed in 5-40.

RTFM...