Is there a MicroLogix 1400 "view only" password

spaderkung

Hi,

I'm at a client now who would like to monitor the PLC code, and he would like a "view only" password because he know he cant get the editing password.

Is there a such password option? If not the best thing I can think of is to include more alarm indication. There is not an HMI, but lights and buttons.

PLC is MicroLogix 1400.

BR
Jon

I don't believe so.

For Logix500 there isn't even a version for maintenance like with Studio 5000. If you are unhappy to give him the master password then I'd suggest a Cheap HMI to allow him to monitor individual interlocks etc.

Personally I'd give him password.

Hi,

I'm at a client now who would like to monitor the PLC code, and he would like a "view only" password because he know he cant get the editing password.

Is there a such password option? If not the best thing I can think of is to include more alarm indication. There is not an HMI, but lights and buttons.

PLC is MicroLogix 1400.

BR
Jon

You can get ML software for under $200.00.

If you wont give him the password and he needs to monitor the code to see what is going on then a small cheap HMI is needed. Unless you want more lights!!

Quote for fitting a cheap HMI. It sounds like one of those end of job surprises customers like throwing in.