Reprogramming AB PanelView 600

soul40k

Hey guys, I have an AB PV 600, 2711-B6C1 (RIO) Series B, Rev B, Frn 3.15 which unfortunately fails the CRC firmware check.

I have multiple different versions of this, like the 2711-B6C8 (DH+), which do boot.

My question is, is there a way to flash B6C1 firmware to the B6C8 using panelbuilder32?

Currently using a cable wired to 2711-NC13 standard through a serial>usb cable connecting to the RS232 port to try and communicate too if that helps.

If I were to get a new B6C1, can it be any series/rev/frn and still load my application?

Thanks, I know there are a few questions in here, and probably more answers I need to give. Trying to tread through this new and on my own.

Update:

Managed to find the firmware flash utility, and attempted to flash the RIO firmware to it, but it fails at 26 Firmware not compatible with hardware. Darn, must be checking against something else. I wonder if I can re-flash the old one/move some chips around.

Last edited:
PanelView Standard terminals are not compatible with the ControlFlash utility.

The firmware upgrade package for your terminal is located on the PanelBuilder32 software install media. You will need to shutdown RSLinx and RSLinx Enterprise on the PC performing the upgrade.

Also, the PC will need a Serial Port and a "straight-through" serial cable (or 1747-CP3 + Null Modem).

Run the Firmware Upgrade utility and make sure you are entering the correct terminal type and runtime communications protocol.

Choose the Select Alternate Source button and pick the PB32 install media PVFirmware folder package matching the firmware level from the terminal's label.

Check the Serial Com port, select the Communication Port and press the Rescan COM ports.

When available select the Download button.

Push the RIGHT and LEFT terminal keys SIMULTANEOUSLY then ENTER when prompted to restart the terminal.

You will be prompted in yellow text while the update is running then in green when the update was successfully completed.

I hope this works; PanelView Standard terminals are not available for purchase anymore but on eBay or second-hand repair shops.